We offer fixed fees for some matters to help you budget for your case. Our fees for dealing with summary only motoring offences will vary, depending on whether the plea is Guilty or Not Guilty and the number of hearings involved. We will need to obtain all the facts and details of your personal circumstances and will liaise with the Court and the CPS in advance and on the day of any hearing.
|Guilty plea matters dealt with on the first hearing||£250 to £350 plus VAT|
|Exceptional Hardship||£500 to £750 plus VAT|
|Half day Special Reasons Hearing or Trial||£650 to £800 plus VAT|
|Full day Special Reasons Hearing or Trial||£1,000 to £1,400 plus VAT|
|Second day of trial (half day)||£350 to £500 plus VAT|
* Dependent on the seniority of the lawyer acting.
Our fees will typically include:
• All telephone calls, letters and emails.
• Considering evidence.
• Providing advice in relation to plea and likely sentence.
• Advice on whether an exceptional hardship, or special reasons argument should be made.
• Where we cannot anticipate the likely sentence, advice on the options available to the court in relation to sentencing.
• Representation at hearings at the Lincoln or Boston Magistrates Court.
Our fixed fees include the items detailed above, however there may be factors which would increase the fees involved in your case. Where there is likely to be any additional cost, we will make sure you are informed of this at the earliest opportunity and a clear estimate of those extra costs will be provided.
The following expenses are not included in our fixed fee:
• The cost of travelling to any court other than Lincoln or Boston. This would be charged at 45 pence per mile plus VAT and £50 per hour plus VAT travelling from Lincoln office.
• The costs of an expert report which may be required to support the defence.
• Obtaining witness statements, whether expert or other.
• Acting for you in an appeal.
We are based in Lincoln and are happy to serve the whole of Lincolnshire.
141-142 High Street, Lincoln LN5 7PJ